- Puppy University is a set of six training classes lasting one hour each week.
- The comprehensive programme has been specifically designed to develop further training and motivation.
- Each training exercise gradually progresses building on your dog's understanding and reliability each week.
What will my dog learn?
- 01 /Checking in
- 02 /Building up a Retrieve
- 03 /Verbal Markers
- 04 /Life Rewards
- 05 /Weekly Tricks
- 06 /Developing ‘Leave’
- 07 /Distance Cues
- 08 /Developing loose lead walking
- 09 /Developing ‘Stays’
- 10 /Manners through gateways and doorways
What to expect from Puppy University
When can I join?
Puppy University is designed as a follow-on course from our Puppy School but Puppy University is also suitable for those owners and dogs who have already secured a basic level of training.
To discuss whether this course would be suitable for your puppy or dog, please get in touch with your Puppy University Tutor.
Help and Advice
In order to complete their training to host and teach Puppy University classes, our tutors have attended a five-day practical handling course with Gwen Bailey and other experienced Puppy School tutors, taught at an animal rescue centre working with adolescent shelter dogs.
All our tutors have received in-house behavioural training courses and keep up to date with the latest behavioural science.
Your Local Class
Since further training is needed, not all Puppy School tutors are qualified to run Puppy University courses.
To find out if your local tutor runs classes or to find out where your nearest Puppy Univeristy class is, for course price information, info on how to book onto a Puppy University course, and for further details, please use our class locator below and contact your local Puppy School tutor direct.