1. Information About Us:
Our website (www.puppyschool.co.uk) and central booking system is owned and operated by Puppy School Ltd, a limited company registered in England under company number 004472544.
Registered address: Finsbury House, Chipping Norton OX7 5LL VAT number: 116045547
2. What Does This Policy Cover:
3. What is Personal Data:
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
4. What Are My Rights:
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Pets name
- Pets details
- To allow us to process your preferred payment method we use payment provider Worldpay. Any cardholder information transmitted to these payment providers remains with the payment providers and we have no access to this sensitive data. Worldpay transactions are subject to the Worldpay Privacy Policies.
6. How Do You Use My Personal Data: Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it.
Your personal data may be used for the following purposes:
- Supplying our products and services to you. Your personal details are required in order for us to enter into a contract with you
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you
- Supplying you with information by email that you have opted-in to (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Analysing your use of our Site and gathering feedback to enable us to continually improve our Site and your user experience.
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your personal data for marketing purposes, which may include contacting you by email with information, news, details of research projects that may benefit dogs and puppies, or offers on our products and services. You will not be sent any unlawful marketing or spam. We will always work to fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003, and you will always have the opportunity to opt-out.
7. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data:
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. The following factors will be used to determine how long it is kept: • When you make a booking, we’ll keep the personal data you give us for six years so we can comply with our legal and contractual obligations. At the end of this retention period your data we will deleted completely.
8. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data:
We will only store or transfer your personal data within the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). The EEA consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein. This means that your personal data will be fully protected under the GDPR or to equivalent standards by law.
9. Do You Share My Personal Data:
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exceptions:
- a) As part of our Terms and Conditions on joining Puppy School, each registrant will receive a Gift Box from our Sponsor Natures Menu Limited. We will need to share personal data to ensure that these items are available to students prior to classes commencing.
- b) In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
10. How Can I Control My Personal Data:
10.1 In addition to your rights under the GDPR, set out in Part 4, when you submit personal data via our central booking system or website, you may be given options to restrict our use of your personal data. In particular, we aim to give you strong controls on our use of your data for direct marketing purposes (including the ability to opt-out of receiving emails from us which you may do by unsubscribing using the links provided in our emails and at the point of providing your details and afterwards if you wish to be removed from our mailing list).
10.2 You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK:
The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
11. Can I Withhold Information:
You may access certain areas of our Site without providing any personal data at all. However, to use the shopping feature on our Site or to make a booking through our central booking system, you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.
12. How Can I Access My Personal Data:
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 13. There is not normally any charge for a subject access request.
If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 28 days and, in any case, not more than one month of receiving it. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
13. How Do I Contact You:
To contact us about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details: Email address: email@example.com Telephone number: 07766 570 967 Postal Address: Finsbury House, Chipping Norton OX7 5LL
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if we change our business in a way that affects personal data protection.
We do this by placing a small text file on your device / computer hard drive to track how you use the website, to record or log whether you have seen particular messages that we display, to keep you logged into the website where applicable, to display relevant adverts or content, referred you to a third party website.
Cookies that we use are; Google Analytics
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Puppy School Ltd is a registered company no. 4472544. Registered office Chipping Norton OX7 5LS ©Puppy School Ltd 2018
Your web browser will also provide you with the controls to manage and delete cookies from your device, please see your web browser options.
For our Puppy School class Terms and Conditions, please click here